Colon Cancer Treatment
The cost of Colon cancer treatment in Hyderabad depends upon multiple factors and ranges from Rs. 3,25,000 to 5,50,000.
A variety of drugs are given to the patient, either intravenously or orally, to kill cancerous cells.
Beams of ionizing radiation are focused on the tumor(s) to kill cancerous cells.
This treatment also uses drugs to treat cancer. It differs from chemotherapy since the drugs target only the cancer cell’s: their specific genes and proteins. Thus, the side effects on healthy cells can be avoided.
Colon cancer begins in a part of the large intestine called the colon, which is the final part of the intestine. It usually begins as small, non-cancerous lumps called polyps. These may progress and grow into cancer.
Its final treatment will depend on the stage of cancer, the medical history, and health of the patient. The various treatment options available are
- Ostomy surgery: Also known as bowel diversion surgery, this involves rerouting the movements of the intestine if a part of the bowel is removed or affected.
- Cryosurgery: A probe is inserted through the skin using ultrasound. It uses cold gases to freeze and destroy the tumor.
- Radiofrequency ablation: A thin probe is inserted through the skin using a CT scan or ultrasound. High-frequency radio waves are passed through it to heat the tumor and destroy cancer cells.
- Polypectomy: This procedure removes polyps present inside the colon.
- Laparoscopic colectomy: A portion of the colon is removed using the minimally invasive laparoscopic technique.