Knee Replacement Surgery at Sri Ganga Ram Hospital
$2.433,60 – $4.800,00
Individuals with any of the following conditions may be considered for knee replacement surgery:
- Severe arthritis of knee joints.
- Arthritis due to injuries around the knee joint
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Longstanding knee pain & swelling
- Pain that restricts daily activities & personal care
- Severe deformity of the legs (bent or bowlegs)
Total knee replacement is a major surgery to replace the damaged components of the knee joint with artificial implants or prosthetics. With the use of specialized instruments, the damaged portion is shaved (resurfaced) and replaced with implants. The artificial knee thus implanted offers a near normal function of the new joint. The implant stays functional for up to 15 years for all age groups and indications.
Knee replacement surgeries are relatively safe and show good success rate of approximately 97% at a 12-year follow-up. The availability of advanced technologies, custom-designed implants and well established surgical expertise at institutions like Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, India, more and more people are finding better outcomes and improved quality of life after surgery.
- Improved movement of knee joint
- Pain relief and reduced stiffness
- Improved joint alignments
- Reduced need for support
- Improved quality of life – walking, climbing stairs, driving and social activities.
Total Knee replacement, Partial Knee replacement
|TYPES OF PROCEDURE