- Established in 1999, Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of India’s most renowned multi-organ transplant centers, accredited by NABH, NABL, and NABB.
- The hospital offers 1000 bedded facility and is one of the top tertiary care multispeciality hospitals in the city.
- It is an international medical destination for thousands of patients in India, the Middle East, Africa, and SAARC nations.
- The center is a part of IHH Healthcare, one of the world’s largest healthcare providers and also ranked as India’s fourth largest healthcare chain.
- The center provides high-quality medical services in different areas such as Multi-Organ Transplants (kidneys, liver, heart, and lungs), Hepatic, Cardiac, Neuro, Gastro, Orthopaedic, Urology, etc.
- The doctor’s team performs 18,000 surgeries, treating 30,000 out-patients and 50,000 in-patients yearly.
- It is the first hospital in South India to perform 5 organ transplant surgeries successfully in a day and is also the first hospital to perform a Split Liver Transplant in the state of Tamil Nadu, India.
- It also did London 1st Adult Swap Liver Transplant in India
- First Hospital to introduce the Two Wheeler Ambulance Service (GART- Global Accident Rescue Team).
- First Hospital in South Asia to perform the Nucleus Replacement in Spine.
- They performed India’s first Single Lung Transplant and first Minimal Invasive Lung Transplant.
- For the first time in India, Global Health City successfully implants an Implantable Artificial Lung.
- Gleneagles Global Hospital is the only Indian Hospital to be associated with King’s College Hospital, London, the United Kingdom for Liver transplantations.
- The first hospital to be recognized for Research and Development by the Government of India.